[Qgis-developer] Eliminate Sliver Polygons

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 29 03:11:51 EST 2011

 Hi Bernhard,

 I can't help you to solve this in QGIS, but I know that Sandro Santilli
 (strk) is currently working on Topology support in Postgis (which needs
 some funding by the way: http://www.pledgebank.com/postgistopology).

 I would assume that the Postgis topology work will help to keep data
 clean in the first place, and to clean data when transfering from simple
 features to topologic geometries.

 One other option that should work today is using GRASS topology and the
 v.clean command: http://grass.osgeo.org/gdp/html_grass64/v.clean.html -
 however this means transfering geometry to GRASS geometry first.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:41:16 +0100,  wrote:
> Dear Devs,
>
> years ago I used ArcINFO a lot. There has been this nice tool
> Eliminate to get rid of sliver polygons based on a logical expression
> (whereas GRASS only offes v.clean tool=rmarea).
> Does anybody know of such a tool for QGIS?
> If not I would start coding it myself. In this case I think it might
> best fit into fTools. So any ibformation on how to contribute to
> fTools would be appreciated.
>
> regards
>
> Bernhard
>

> ________ Information from NOD32 ________
> This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail
> Server.
> http://www.nod32.com

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A