[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Critical problems with 1.7.2 from ubuntu binaries

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:16:10 EST 2011

Just solved the same problem on a machine running ubuntu 11.04 by
reinstalling all components and
reproduced the problem by installing on another machine with ubuntu
10.04 . Running qgis from the command line I get:

alobo at delia:~$ qgis
Warning: loading of qgis translation failed [/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
Warning: Couldn't load Python support library: Cannot load library
/lib/qgispython: (/lib/libqgispython.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory)

I assume the problem will be solved by reinstalling all components on
this computer as well, but I can hold on for a while in case
anyone is interested on me running a test to identify the component
actually producing the problem.
I remind that I'm installing from ubuntugis-unstable in all cases.

Agus