[Qgis-developer] How should work the placement "over" on adv-label

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 3 17:53:03 EDT 2011

On 04/10/2011, at 4:38, Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a situation of polygon like this:
>
>   -----------------
>   |         A      |
>   |                |
>   |   --------     |
>   |  |  B     |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |   --------     |
>   |                |
>   -----------------
>
> Where the poly A has a hole and the poly-B fill exactly the hole of poly-A
>
> I need to have a labeling like this:
>
>   -----------------
>   |       value1   |
>   |                |
>   |   --------     |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |  | value2 |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |   --------     |
>   |                |
>   -----------------
>
> I try with the label-advanced plugin and use the option Placement "Over".
>
> But it produce instead this situation:
>
>   -----------------
>   |                |
>   |                |
>   |   --------     |
>   |  | value1 |    |
>   |  |        |    |
>   |  | value2 |    |

I also get into this situation, and other similar problems. Short of defining coordinates for my labels, I don't think there is a good answer yet.

(In my cases it's usually only a small number of problem fields in a large dataset and I can't convince myself that it's worth the effort.)

In one of the datasets that I get a situation like this the objects all have straight sides and I usually put the labelling parallel to the edge of the polygon. Would that work as a work-around?

-ramon.