Git authentication, was Re: [Qgis-developer] new plugin scenario

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Sep 6 17:05:35 EDT 2011

On 2011-09-06 22:51, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 2011-08-27 11:20, Martin Dobias wrote:
>
>>> Did you upload your pubkey?
>>>
>>> http://hub.qgis.org/my/public_keys
>>
>> No I didn't. Now after adding my public key and trying e.g.
>> $ git clone gitosis at qgis.org:metaedit.git
>> I get correctly asked for my passphrase for the private key. But then
>> the cloning fails:
>
> I do have a similar problem now I think.

As said in the 'new plugin scenario' thread I had the ssh authentication
problem (AFTER succesfully being authenticated...).

Because I recently tried github also, I also tried the github test from
http://help.github.com/linux-set-up-git/ ('Having problems?' part):

Strange..
  $ ssh -T git at github.com
now failed in the same way as
  $ ssh -v gitosis at qgis.org
with my normal keys working...

Github thinks it is a Ubuntu problem (again: see the 'Having problems?'
and 'Agent admitted failure to sign using the key' part in that help
page), and pointing to an apparently bug in Ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/201786

Thinking it had something to do with a locked keyring or so, I just
restarted... and then I'm able to both authenticate to qgis-gitosis AND
to github again. And I could push my commit to remote again :-)

So for the gitosis administrators: maybe gitosis on hub.qgis.org is just
ok, and it is a ubuntu issue??

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde