[Qgis-developer] unable to change the qgis version 1.7 window icon and window title from outside

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Sep 8 08:01:04 EDT 2011

Hi

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Ankur Sinha <vicky.pydeveloper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear sir ..
> as i am a beginner to qgis i am getting problem in changing the title and
> icon of the qgis ..
> i am trying to write a code which changes the same
>
> #-------------------------
> import sys
> import os
> from PyQt4.QtCore import *
> from qgis.core import *
> from qgis.gui import *
> from qgis.utils import *
> import time
> import math
>

> # Creating Class
>
> class callQgis():
>     def __init__(self):
>         iface = qgis.utils.iface
>         iface.mainWindow().setWindowTitle("ankur workhard")
>         os.system('qgis.exe')
>
> if __name__ == "__main__":
>     cQgis = callQgis()

You try to run qgis as a shell process after you tried to change the
window title. That doesnt make sense to me since to use iface, you
already need to have a qgis instance available.....

By the way, if you type

qgis.utils.iface.mainWindow().setWindowTitle("ankur workhard")

In the qgis python console it does what you expect.

Regards

Tim

Regards

Tim