[Qgis-developer] Feature: Auto saving for layers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Sep 18 07:50:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

I think it would be very useful to have autosave - however, the one
drawback one will have is that you loose the ability to undo changes.

This is not primarily an autosave issue but an issue with "save" in
general. As a use it is very annoying that the undo queue is emptied
through a save. And other software (like OpenOffice, Inkscape, Gimp)
works differently - it still offers undo

Are there any major difficult problems to solve to allow an undo/redo
queue across multiple saves?

Andreas