[Qgis-developer] Call for packaging: QGIS 1.7.1

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Sep 23 20:24:14 EDT 2011

Hi Folks

Tonight I have tagged version QGIS final-1_7_1 - the first maintenance
release on the 1.7.x branch. The source tarball is here:

http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.1.tar.bz2
and the md5 checksum is here:
http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.1.tar.bz2.md5

You can check out this tag using:

git fetch origin
git checkout final-1_7_1

If packagers would be so kind as to update http://download.qgis.org
with links to their latest wares, it will be appreciated. I'll give a
few days (and until we have Windows binaries at minimum) before making
the announcement to the world.

Please note that I have reinstated maintenance of the CHANGELOG file
in the root of the source tree, so consult that (or the
help->about->whats new? tab after building) to see what changes were
made. Some of the last minute commits will not be mentioned there.
There are no new features in the release, only bug fixes and small
tweaks.

I will continue to maintain the 1.7 branch for a future 1.7.2 release.
Those wishing to work against that branch should please do:

git fetch origin
git branch --track release-1_7 origin/release-1_7

1.7.2 will be branched off that closer to the time of release. If you
are working on master, please continue to label bugfixes and other
backportable (no gui changes / new features please) work using
[BACKPORT] in your commit message.

Best regards

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services