[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] More problems with 1.7.1

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:51:26 EDT 2011

Thanks for your help.
Just had reinstalled again (same repositories, using Synaptic) all
qgis related packages before lunch and it works fine now.
Cannot understand why, I have always upgraded using the Upgrade
Manager and never had this problem. Also,
no errors were reported after the first upgrade. Perhaps some of the
packages have actually been changed in the
ubuntugis-unstable repository between the two upgrades?

Anyway, I was kind of worried of not being able of going back to
1.7.0, as 1.7.0 was not on either ubuntugis stable or
unstable. Next time, could the previous version be kept somewhere
(stable, test, unstable)?

This is the output you were asking for, a pity I did not do it before
the second upgrade. Nevertheless, I did check with Synaptic
and the versions of all those marked here as ii were the same. Except
qgis-sqlanywhere1.7.1, that was not installed:
alobo at delia:~$  dpkg -l | grep qgis
rc  libqgis1.4.0                                  1.4.0-2~lucid8
                           Quantum GIS - shared libraries
rc  libqgis1.5.0                                  1.5.0-2~lucid2
                           Quantum GIS - shared libraries
rc  libqgis1.6.0                                  1.6.0-4~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS - shared libraries
ii  libqgis1.7.0                                  1.7.0~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS - shared libraries
ii  libqgis1.7.1                                  1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS - shared libraries
ii  python-qgis                                   1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Python bindings to Quantum GIS
ii  python-qgis-common                            1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Python bindings to Quantum GIS -
architectur
ii  qgis                                          1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Geographic Information System (GIS)
ii  qgis-api-doc                                  1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS API documentation
ii  qgis-common                                   1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS - architecture-independent data
ii  qgis-mapserver                                1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS mapserver
ii  qgis-plugin-grass                             1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           GRASS plugin for Quantum GIS
ii  qgis-plugin-grass-common                      1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           GRASS plugin for Quantum GIS -
architecture-
ii  qgis-providers                                1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           collection of data providers to Quantum GIS
ii  qgis-providers-common                         1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           collection of data providers to Quantum GIS
rc  qgis-sqlanywhere1.7.0                         1.7.0~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS sql anywhere plugin and
provider
ii  qgis-sqlanywhere1.7.1                         1.7.1-1~lucid1
                           Quantum GIS sql anywhere plugin and
provider
alobo at delia:~$