[Qgis-developer] Raster resampler branch

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Apr 4 10:23:56 EDT 2012

Hi devs / power users

Today, I've uploaded a lot of changes to the raster_resampler branch on
github ( https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/tree/raster_resampler ).
Compared to the previous version (which already provided resampling
capabilities and code refactoring into raster renderer classes), there
is now quite a lot of GUI refactoring. The style tab of the raster
properties dialog now contains an embedded renderer dialog for the
current renderer type (similar to how it is in the vector props.
dialog). Furthermore, it is now possible to dynamically add new raster
renderers and corresponding dialogs.

I'm interested in feedback and like to discuss the raster changes also
in Lyon. The user interface could be improved for sure and there will
most likely be some new bugs. If you find one, please fill a ticket and
assign it to me.
Note that the branch also has a number of advantages:
- Raster look much nicer with resampling
- The raster banding issue when printing transparent layers is solved
- Fixes problem with raster transparency band that was not saved in master
- Efficiency has been improved for some common cases (e.g. faster lookup
when rendering paletted rasters)
- It is now easier to make changes in the raster layer class since most
of the symbology and rendering related code is moved out of QgsRasterLayer.

The next thing I'm planning to make in the branch is to add project file
transformations. The new xml format is different than the old one, so
old symbology settings won't load properly from project file right now.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions