[Qgis-developer] GSoC deadline (was: Working on Symbology Improvement for the GSOC)

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 02:15:21 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 2:27 AM, aruntheguy at gmail.com
<aruntheguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> Since you said the legend code isn't in good shape, I have modified
> the proposal to include, rewriting the lost functionalities such as
> line and fill customization of symbols and Creating a API and
> specification for easy sharing of symbols via remote repositories.
>
> However I am a bit lost, how would we put the dockable symbology
> widget to good use without mapping functionality from legend to symbol
> dock?

Mapping from legend item to a symbol should be quite simple to do. I
meant that the advanced stuff (from the arcgis idea) like reordering
of symbols, changing renderer type, change of classification attribute
etc would be better avoided, keeping just the simple functionality:
user clicks a symbol in legend -> symbology dock widget will show the
symbol (and allow modifications)

Regards
Martin