[Qgis-developer] Raster resampler branch

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Apr 6 13:22:35 EDT 2012

Hi Tim

Thanks for looking at the branch. I agree that the ui should be improved
and I appreciate help in this regard. Hope we can work on the ui design
(and on other issues in the raster branch) in Lyon.

 >- Its also not obvious what the threshold is where the large kicks in
 >over the small scale resampling approach

The treshold is the zoom level where one screen pixel equals a source
raster pixel (the zoom level applied with the 'zoom to best resolution'
function).

>- the number spin box - its not obvious what it is for

It is the maximum oversampling ration for the average resampler (afaik UMN has the same parameter). Depending on the zoom-level, the average resampler pulls data in higher resolution than on screen (depending on raster source resolution). A value of 2 e.g. ensures the resampler does not pull more than 4 times the screen resolution when zooming out.

Regards,
Marco