[Qgis-developer] Problem when using CRS on the fly.

Evert Groenewald evert at coldsea.co.za
Sat Apr 14 14:21:20 EDT 2012

Hi List

I'm trying to lay a shape file and a geotiff file(converted from .ecw)
over each other, using "on the fly crs". I also have a 'control' shape
file that can be overlaid on the geotiff raster file without using the
"on the fly crs" function.
The two shape files can be overlaid correctly using "on the fly crs",
every thing matches up. But there is a problem when bringing the geotiff
raster file into the equation.
When enabling the "on the fly crs" function the shape file and the
geotiff file block each other out. If the geotiff file is visible in
Qgis then the shape file is blocked from view, and the other way round.
Lets say I can see the shape file and the geotiff is blocked out. Now I
put the mouse pointer on the geotiff layer,  click to highlight the
layer, then right click and click on "zoom to layer extent". Now the
shape file is blocked out and I can see the geotiff.
The geotiff is above the shape file in the "Layer" panel and I have set
the geotiff to 50% transparency. This also happens when using the
"control" shape file.

Not sure if this is a bug or if there is something else I need to change
to get the right behaviour.
If additional info is needed please ask.

Thanks in advance

evert

PS - Mmmmm, I just tested the geotiff  and "on the fly crs" against two
other shape files that contain data pertaining to the geotiff and they
both work correctly.
       I will do some scratching so if I can get around this.