[Qgis-developer] Qt image formats issue in Mac release

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Apr 15 17:26:06 EDT 2012

On Apr 15, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Larry Shaffer wrote:

> Using the following shell commands, I quickly got GIF support patched into QGIS.app [1]. I also see uses for libqico.dylib, libqsvg.dylib and libqtiff.dylib for plugin developers. It looks like 'Quantum-GIS / mac / cmake / 1qt.cmake.in' could be readily updated to include some or all of the Qt image formats. Total size for all image formats is ~ 1.2 MB on disk.
>
> Is there a reason only libqjpeg.dylib is included in releases? Are there any formats that might (or are known to) cause issues, if bundled with Mac releases?

Only jpeg is included because it was needed by something in QGIS.  If external plugins can and will make use of the other Qt image plugins, I can add them.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan