[Qgis-developer] Add a simpler default setting for a fresh installation

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Apr 16 05:09:33 EDT 2012

Il 16/04/2012 11:05, MORREALE Jean Roc ha scritto:

> These changes would make the software less frightening, less cluttered
> for newcomers.
Sounds reasonable, even though I'm sure there will be users opposing
this, perhaps strongly in some cases.
An alternative (a bit cumbersome) would be to have a "first run wizard"
that asks the user which plugins should be activated, etc.
Not that I am a big fan of wizards, but it might be easier for
newcomers. Maybe it could be activated on demand.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini
See: http://www.faunalia.it/pc