[Qgis-developer] Add a simpler default setting for a fresh installation

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Mon Apr 16 05:15:46 EDT 2012

Le 16/04/2012 11:09, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> Il 16/04/2012 11:05, MORREALE Jean Roc ha scritto:
>>
>> These changes would make the software less frightening, less cluttered
>> for newcomers.
> Sounds reasonable, even though I'm sure there will be users opposing
> this, perhaps strongly in some cases.
> An alternative (a bit cumbersome) would be to have a "first run wizard"
> that asks the user which plugins should be activated, etc.
> Not that I am a big fan of wizards, but it might be easier for
> newcomers. Maybe it could be activated on demand.
> All the best.

Those opposing it are those who already have their own parameters, what
I'm suggesting is only for newcomers.

I think that all the persons giving formations would like not to waste
time showing how to catch and move that toolbar which is mostly
invisible except the anchor :p

Tell me where to make the change in the repo and I'm doing it right now
in time for 1.8 !