[Qgis-developer] QGIS tool for vector data merging proposal

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:39:45 EDT 2012

Hi Viktor,
I find your proposal very interesting. I've worked a lot on GRASS where
data structures are topological, and with ArcGIS GeoDB where topological
rules can be defined to keep geometrical integrity. I feel that this kind
of tools are foundamental to supply sound data management.
As you know Qgis supports basic topological controls for editing, but what
we miss is something like the validation tools that we can find in
OpenJUMP, or JCS (Java Conflation Suite) [1] .
I feel that your project could help also in the direction of geometrical
validation for a single layer.

I think a reference data model for your project (like OGC/SFS, TC211,
SQL/MM) should be provided.

giovanni

[1]  http://www.vividsolutions.com/JCS/