[Qgis-developer] Moving SEXTANTE for QGIS from current SVN to GIT repo in hub.qgis.org

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:50:18 EDT 2012

> And is neither opensource and may have downtime or security problems we won't
> be able to have a gripe on...
>
> Why not having an official repo on hub.qgis.org, and people can clone it on
> github if they want, merges being applied to hub.qgis.org ?

I prefer the hub.qgis.org, since my main aim is to put it where the
rest of QGIS is managed, to make it more homogeneous

> And bytheway, would that be an opportunity to rename the plugin to something
> more generic like «QGis geoprocessing framework» ? And get rid of the upper
> case name which is not really HIG-compliant ?

I was thinking of changing the name of the main menu to somethiing
like "analysis".
However, I cannot change the SEXTANTE name. SEXTANTE stands for
"Sistema EXTremeño de ANálisis TErritorial", and it is being payed by
the goverment of the Extremadura region in Spain. I guess they will
want to keep their name and identity...or otherwise remove the
fundings that allow me to work on it...

I do not see a problem anyway. Just like the email client in Mozilla
is called Thunderbird, the processign framework in QGIS can be called
SEXTANTE. As I said, renaming the main menu name can be a good idea to
make it easier for users to find it, but then I would like to keep
then "SEXTANTE toolbox", "SEXTANTE modeler", etc, menu entries

Regards