[Qgis-developer] Error when using pyuic4 on Windows 7

boesiii boesiii at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 11:23:20 EDT 2012

I was going to try and start to develop a plugin using this

http://www.qgisworkshop.org/html/workshop/plugins_tutorial.html

and

http://www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook/plugins.html

but when I try to compile the UI file I get an error, see below:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Quantum GIS Wroclaw\bin>pyuic4 -o
"C:\workspaces\FlowDire
ctionTest\ui_flowdirectiontest.py"
"C:\workspaces\FlowDirectionTest\ui_flowdirec
tiontest.ui"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"d:\PROGRA~3\QUANTU~1\apps\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\pyuic.py"
, line 34, in <module>
    import optparse
ImportError: No module named optparse

I am using QGIS 1.7.4 on a Windows 7 64bit.  I used the Plugin Builder to
create all the necessary files.  I haven't written any other code yet.

Thanks for you help.