[Qgis-developer] raster visualization

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:35:29 EDT 2012

This procedure would not work well for thematic maps (qualitative variable) but
I think it is reasonable as initial default. Nevertheles, a
qualitative scheme should be
ready for thematic maps (i.e. landcover, vegetation or soil maps). Maybe the
12 classes color table from colorbrewer could be a good first option:
http://colorbrewer2.org/index.php?type=qualitative&scheme=Set3&n=12

Also, median should be used instead of mean and mad instead of sd to calculate
the clipping (at least optionally) as raster layers do have outliers:
mad is just
the median of the absolute value of the differences to the median:

median(abs(x-median(x))

Agus