[Qgis-developer] SEXTANTE for QGIS has been released

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:26:30 EDT 2012

2012/4/12 Pedro Venâncio <pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com>:
> Hi Salvatore,
>
> Thank you very much, it works now on terminal!
>

> However, still can not run any SAGA tool from the SEXTANTE plugin...

> In the terminal it works with exactly the same syntax as SEXTANTE:
>
> pedro at debian-amilo:~$ saga_cmd libshapes_polygons "Polygon Centroids" -POLYGONS "/home/pedro/Limpezas/caop_2011_pinhel.shp" -CENTROIDS "/home/pedro/sextante/outputs_centroids.shp"

Try setting the environment variable SAGA_MLB prior to starting qgis. EG:
SAGA_MLB=/usr/lib/saga qgis
or
export SAGA_MLB=/usr/lib/saga
qgis

> By running the command directly in the terminal, it gives an error by the fact that the module is "Create graticule" and not "Create Graticule" (case sensitive).
>
> Then, there are some parameters in the syntax that does not match the accepted SAGA_CMD sintax. And the module only works like this:

This is because you use an older version of SAGA than the version
sextante was build against.

You should try running the latest version of saga. I'll have a look if
I can bring it to the backports archive.In the mean time you can just
try to build the version from unstable yourself..Don't hesistate
contacting me if you have any troubles. There are quite some
advantages in the new version:
- export SAGA_MLB is no longer needed. You can still use it though if
you have custom build modules.
- many modules have changed syntax
- it is much better tested on linux