[Qgis-developer] Loading WFS layer with multiple geometry types

Sunil Padda sunilkp at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Apr 25 06:12:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

We have some spatial data exposed as WFS layers using Geoserver.
However, every layer has both Points and Polygons (and some have Lines
too). We don't want to publish duplicated layers just to get around this
problem. I have also seen earlier, an option in QGIS WFS plugin which
would list the geometry types in a layer (if there is more than one),
and let the user add 1 layer per geometry type. I want to confirm if
this option still exists, and if there is any specific configuration
required for this.

When I try this now with the WFS layers I have, I am seeing only either
Points or Polygons. The rest of the data is also fetched but not
rendered on the map (I could see them in the attribute table). I have
selected default style as 'Polygon' and Available Styles as 'Point,
Polygon'.

Any help or pointers on this issue would be of great help.

Thanks,
Sunil