[Qgis-developer] Documentation and internationalization: also slides?

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:58:20 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I think it would be good to add some slide show to the documentation
> material. However, I do not see an easy way of incorporating rst2s5 into
> the translation workflow: does anybody know how (if) possible?
> Thanks.

Hi Paolo

Until Sphinx don't provide an s5 builder, you can use the po4a toolkit [1]:

$ po4a-gettextize -f text -m myslide.rst -p myslide.pot
$ cp myslide.pot myslide.IT.po
$ vi myslide.IT.po

edit your translations, then generate the internationalized rst file
and convert it to s5:

$ po4a-translate -f text -m myslide.rst -p myslide.IT.po -l myslide.IT.rst
$ rst2s5 myslide.IT.rst it/myslide.html

Remember that you need to use pure rst directives (we are not using Sphinx here)
ciao

[1] http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/

--
Paolo Corti