[Qgis-developer] Config fails on find of spatialindex library

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sun Apr 29 17:50:45 EDT 2012

Hi,

Tried building master branch today, on Mac 10.7.3, but build fails when
searching for spatialindex library.

-- Found GSL: /Library/Frameworks/GSL.framework
-- Found FCGI: /usr/local/lib/libfcgi.dylib
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files:
SPATIALINDEX_LIBRARY
    linked by target "qgis_core" in directory
/Users/larrys/QGIS/github-nightly/quantum-gis/src/core

I did some searching and found this change by JEF 5 days ago [0]. Also,
there appears to be no 'spatialindex' directory in src/core anymore in the
master branch.

Is spatialindex library now a system environment build requirement, instead
of internal? If so, where can I get the appropriate library?

There's a header file here (Kyngchaos.com GEOS framework):

/Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/Versions/3/Headers/spatialIndex.h

but, it doesn't look like what I should be including.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota