[Qgis-developer] Raster colours

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:42:11 PDT 2012

Hi!

Thanks for offering your advice, and also for your wonderful collection!

Nice that you mention this - because I have a functioning interface to
cpt-city in QGis!  The code I have parses the svg files using QT's xml
routines.

Although I did not parse the "master" xml file you mention, but the
directory structure of the archive (after unzipping the zip file with
svg gradients).
I will look into that xml file (it isn't so obvious that there is such
a file on your site), as well as your suggestions for downloading
current package.

I have a doubt regarding licences though - it would not be ok for use
to supply the files, but it would be OK to write software to fetch the
data automatically?

Also, I was wondering if you would mind that the use of this automatic
downloading in QGis could impose a burden on your site... could we
host a mirror copy on qgis.org, or would that infringe on the
licences?

Attached is a screenshot of the interface I made to cpt-city
gradients. There are some things to improve, but it's functional.

My github repository has the code:
https://github.com/etiennesky/Quantum-GIS/tree/coloramp