[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS in Mac OS X (Mountain Lion i.e. 10.8) with QtSQL support

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:55:57 PDT 2012

It seems that compiling in Linux (i.e. Ubuntu) as outlined by Tim
(below) is much easier to understand than the instruction in Mac OS X.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BuildingQuantumGisPoint8FromSource

Is the instruction above using qmake instead of cmake?

Would it possible we can iron out this document i.e. building QGIS in
Mac OS X to make it easier for use to understand and compile QGIS in
Mac OS X?

Thanks.

Noli

On 8/4/12, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we still need cmake for building QGIS Mac OS X when using QtSDK (i.e.
> qmake)?
>
> This instruction below.
>
> Copied from Building QGIS for Mac OSX (below)
>
> #######
>   5.3. Install CMake for OSX
>   ==========================
>
> Get the latest source release from here:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
>
> Binary installers are available for OS X, but they are not recommended
> (2.4 versions install in /usr instead of /usr/local, and 2.6+ versions are
> strange application). Instead, download the source.
> NOTE: 2.8.5 is broken for detecting part of Qt. Fixed in 2.8.6.
> Double-click the source tarball, then cd to the source folder and:
>
>   ./bootstrap --docdir=/share/doc/CMake --mandir=/share/man
>   make
>   sudo make install
>
> ###########
>
> Noli
>
> On 8/4/12, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
>> Noli,
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> How can I incorporate qmake in my system?
>>>
>>> It seems that I can't use qmake in my terminal right now.
>>
>> This is because the place where qmake is installed with the SDK is not
>> in your PATH environment variable.
>>
>> You will need to edit ~/.bash_profile (create if not there yet) and
>> add the path to the 'bin' you noted to the PATH variable:
>>
>> export PATH=/path/to/sdk/bin:$PATH
>>
>> Then, log in to a new Terminal session (e.g. restart Terminal). qmake
>> will be found and can be used in compiling.
>>
>> Read 'man bash' for more details on its config files.
>>
>> I will be available on #qgis channel on irc.freenode.net most of the
>> day today, if you want more help (nickname of 'dakcarto').
>>
>> Larry
>>

>>> See this logs.
>>>
>>> ######
>>>
>>> Last login: Sat Aug  4 08:56:51 on ttys004
>>> Nolis-MacBook-Pro:bin nsicad$ qmake --help
>>> -bash: qmake: command not found
>>> Nolis-MacBook-Pro:bin nsicad$ ls
>>> Designer.app            moc                     qt3to4
>>> Linguist.app            pixeltool.app           qttracereplay.app