[Qgis-developer] Moving SEXTANTE into QGIS core

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:18:11 PDT 2012

>> Just 1 question: I started working with a git clone right away,
>> thinking the svn repo would be abandoned, but Victor tells me he is
>> still commiting to svn. Could this be a problem in a future merge?
>>

> Not I should be able to pull these changes through until svn is frozen.

The reason why I want to do this is because I have no experience with
GIT and I have now some ideas and more time that what I will have
after the end of the month, so I prefer to concentrate on developing
and not in learning how to properly use GIT, since I guess it is a bit
different and misusing it can cause trouble later.

If Camilo works on his own copy, how I can see his changes and work
with them if I use just the SVN repo ? I guess I have a more SVN-like
approach to version control after all these years (and some experience
with messy commiters that made use waste time...), so I see it a bit
more complicated.

If it is not a problem, I would prefer to keep on working on the SVN
and then freeze the SVN on the 20th as I mentioned, apply a big patch
to the GIT repo and from that moment work only on GIT.

Of course, comments are welcome, since maybe there is an easy way of
doing this in GIT (maybe Camilo can keep on working in his GIT repo
and commit changes to the SVN as well...)