[Qgis-developer] QGIS maptips and HTML-display

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Aug 6 15:39:45 PDT 2012

Hi Nathan,

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It's just added the ability to use html (well Qt html subset anyway)
> to the map tips.  Anything that is listed here on the Qt rich text
> page is supported[0].

Nice addition. Works great.

> In order to support this I added a new tab in the vector layer
> properties dialog called display which we can then use for adding
> better (full) html support later.

I noticed the layout looks a little funny on Mac [0].

Also, I ran across a GPL-licensed WYSIWYG HTML the other day that
might be useful to slim down and strip out fluff, then include into
QGIS core for HTML editing widgets like this [1]. Doesn't have to be
WYSIWYG, per se, but nice for users. Built during Qt 4.5 release so
should work for QGIS distribution Qt base, although might benefit from
a reworking with regards to some 4.6-introduced stuff like QWebElement
[2].

[0] https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4058089/qgis/map-tip_properties.png
[1] http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2009/03/12/wysiwyg-html-editor/ (
download link on that page is broke, use
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/graphics-dojo/trees/master/htmleditor
)
[2] http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qwebelement.html

Regards,