[Qgis-developer] raster in qgis 1.8 and 1.9

skampus stefano.campus at regione.piemonte.it
Mon Aug 6 22:32:46 PDT 2012

i'm trying to find the difference between raster management in qgis ver. 1.8
and 1.9. but there are some features that i don't understand.

as it has already been stated in other threads, qgis has some problems
(error ?) in treating the value "no data" in raster.
it makes some confusion in applying transparency to no data, and so the only
way I found to get around this problem is to reclassify the raster
immediately after a raster has been created (for example through the
application of raster operations).
Using the Sextante-saga reclassification module and immediately i convert no
data to -99999 value and this valued is suited for transparency.
Needless to say how much this is annoying but now it seems that between
version 1.8 and version 1.9 there is no continuity.

I'll explain: Having dealt with a raster in version 1.8 as mentioned above,
I would expect to (not) see no data in the version 1.9.
instead it seems that the classification made ​​with Ver. 18 is not
recognized by ver. 1.9 and so it begins again.

is it so, or I'm missing something?

s.

ps: please open attached raster with 1.8 and 1.9
1.8: colormap, three classes
1.9: singleband pseudocolor, three classes
please see, how "no data" in 1.9 don't disappear
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4993536/OK_iso_2_50anos.tif
OK_iso_2_50anos.tif