[Qgis-developer] color ramp manager

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Aug 7 06:04:56 PDT 2012

Hi Etienne

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> actually when the files are extracted via python, the permissions are
> ok, so this won't be a problem in upgrades. It seems that python zip
> does not respect zipfile permissions and creates files with read+write
> permissions. But it won't hurt to change the permissions in the zip
> files.
>
> Thanks
> Etienne
>
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM, J.J.Green <j.j.green at gmx.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>> It's because the permissions of the contents of the original zip
>>> file(not the one downloaded by the manager) are messed up (no write
>>> permissions).
>>
>> Actually I think this problem will recur at the next update,
>> those COPYING files are read-only since they are version
>> controlled (in the master copy).
>>
>> I will do a recursive chmod on the zipfile contents so that
>> everything is 644 and upload new files -- this will mean that
>> anyone who has installed by this method will need to remove
>> ~/.qgis/cpt-city dir and update again ...
>>
>> I will mail the list when this is done
>>
>> -j
>> --
>> J.J. Green
>> http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/jjg/

The refactor to support raster colour ramps is awesome stuff! It is
still very hard to find anything useful from the cpt chooser. I almost
wonder if it wouldnt be better to show them graphically in a long list
with the gradient name next to each.

Also would you mind making these available by default (if licensing
allows). Apologies if it is already in your last commit - I am still
using hte manual extracted cpt set.

http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/cpt-city/dca/index.html

Regards

Tim