[Qgis-developer] Diagram improvements

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Tue Aug 7 08:37:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

I recently started an internship at Uster (a city in Switzerland). My
job will mostly be to improve QGIS. I'm really looking forward to this
great opportunity.

My first job is, to improve the diagrams. Any comments are highly
appreciated. (If you think something can be done better differently, if
you think something is useless, if you are already working on something
or you know about somebody already working on something, if you wanna
say thank you...)

Here a short list of what I've got on my ToDo list.

- Minimum size for diagrams (As an option, scale any diagram smaller
than...): Done
- Text diagram: Center text better vertically (As an option): Done
- Charts are not placed on some polygons (e.g. banana shaped polygons.
Should this be done with PAL library? Any help appreciated)
- Ordering: Draw smaller charts on top of bigger one instead of hiding
(randomly?) colliding diagrams.
- Make diagrams area accurate! By now the radius instead of area is
scaled.
- New diagram type: Bar chart
- New diagram option: Split diagrams. (Pie charts / Bar charts e.g. age
pyramid)

If you're interested in the current state of work, have a look at my git
repo [0] on master. Where it says done in the list above you should be
able to check it out.

[0] https://github.com/matthias-kuhn/Quantum-GIS.git

Regards,
I'm looking forward for comments

Disclaimer: Sorry if you get this topic the second time. I thought I'd
written something about it yesterday, but couldn't find it in my history
nor in the archives, so I'll repeat myself and just believe, that I
missed the send button when I tried to click it.