[Qgis-developer] Aruns work: hierarchical SVG symbol display issue

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Aug 16 06:35:47 PDT 2012

 Hi Arun, Martin and others,

 With delight I see that there is now a hierarchic organization of SVG
 symbols. Thank you very much - a long term request of mine was now
 implemented!

 The only issue I have with the current solution is that it takes a long
 time (in my case about 10 seconds) to load all the symbols (hundreds of
 them in my case). Wouldn't it be faster to only load the first folder or
 even better no symbols at all until the user is opening/clicking on one
 of the folders?

 The other question is: are those symbols cached, once they are loaded?
 I don't see any speed increases the second time I load these SVG
 symbols.

 Thanks for the discussion if the loading time of the SVG symbols could
 be sped up somehow.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A