[Qgis-developer] Aruns work: hierarchical SVG symbol display issue

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 04:23:10 PDT 2012

Hello Neumann,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>wrote:

The only issue I have with the current solution is that it takes a long
> time (in my case about 10 seconds) to load all the symbols (hundreds of
> them in my case). Wouldn't it be faster to only load the first folder or
> even better no symbols at all until the user is opening/clicking on one of
> the folders?

The default display of all symbols is to provide a way to see all the
symbols when no folder is clicked. I guess that makes it a lengthy.

> The other question is: are those symbols cached, once they are loaded? I
> don't see any speed increases the second time I load these SVG symbols.

Yes, there is a SVG cache being created and reused. You should be
definitely seeing reduced load times on second loads. I am a bit lost how
that doesn't occur.

But note that the cache is not persistent, so it cannot remember between
the sessions.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in