[Qgis-developer] Sextante - OTB plugin and SAR data

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 00:52:25 PDT 2012

>> How do you install this Sextante - OTB plugin?
>>

> The first thing you have to do is to install OTB,
> then if you are using Sextante on Linux nothing to do anymore.
> path to binaries are automatically found and algs should work, while on
> Windows you have to configure it.
> In "options and configuration" menu, you find what you need!

As I mentioned, this is Mac OS X.

I installed Monteverdi-1.12 (which is OTB for Mac OS X). It has a
Resources/lib/otb and Resources/MacOS folders.

/lib/otb folder is where the dynamic libraries is located.

/MacOS folder has the other libraries (e.g. libgeos.dylib, etc.).

Any suggestion how to organise (e.g copy these libraries)?

How to you compile OTB in Linux?

http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb/download.html

I can compile this in Mac OS X.

Note that MacOS X is just like linux system. The system look like this:

/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/library
/usr/loca/include

How do you install the QGIS Sextante OTB plugin in Linux?

Noli