[Qgis-developer] Sextante - OTB plugin and SAR data in Mac OS X

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Mon Aug 27 06:17:13 PDT 2012

Hi Noli,

For MacOSX, the easier path I know of is to use MacPort to install all
the needed dependencies.
With MacPort, install the following : expat, curl, tiff, geotiff, jpeg,
gdal, mercurial, cmake, etc (I may have missed a few)

Grab this ctest script :
http://hg.orfeo-toolbox.org/OTB-DevUtils/file/21ee66ab6fd3/Config/leod/leod-OTB-Nightly-macport_light.cmake

And customize it :
- change CTEST_SITE and CTEST_BUILDNAME to whatever you like
- change CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY and point to where you extracted the OTB
sources
- change CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY and point it to where the build file
will live
- change CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to the path where OTB will be installed
after successfull build
- in the CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE part, you might want to change to :

BUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_APPLICATIONS:BOOL=ON
OTB_WRAP_PYTHON:BOOL=OFF
OTB_WRAP_QT:BOOL=OFF
OTB_WRAP_JAVA:BOOL=OFF

to reduce the build time.

Then from a shell, start :
ctest -S <path_to_the_script> -VV

Go to your build dir and type "make install"

Then look in CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin and you should be able to launch
an OTB application (otbcli_Something scripts)

Then in Sextante configuration, you should set :
-"OTB command line tools" option to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin
-"OTB applications folder" option to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/otb

And you're good to go.

Good luck,
Julien