[Qgis-developer] R scripts for raster layers in External Apps of the Sextante Toolbox plugin

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 06:34:19 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've tried the R script in scripts/Raster histogram
>> and do not get any plot, just get what can be seen here
>> (after trying multiple alternatives):
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3180464/RSextante.jpeg
>

> Hi!
>
> I see you get the same result as I do .. :(
> Somehow the png is not written but the coresponding html page IS written ..
> I thought I missed a R-module and did investigate already a bit but
> did not find out why ..
> When I try the same thing directly in R (the histogram module)
> everything gets written correctly .. so I don't know where the bug is
> ..
> But "nice" to see that I am not the only one with that problem ..
>
> currently no time to do further investigation :(
> If you find out new things please share

 What is the R code being run here? Some R advanced graphics functions
need to be wrapped in a 'print' function in order to actually produce
output on a graphics device, and so when run non-interactively, when
printing happens automatically after each command line, users are
often surprised to not get any output...

'histogram' from the lattice package is one such, 'hist' from the base
graphics system isn't....

 Where's the R function source?

Barry