[Qgis-developer] Sextante - OTB plugin and SAR data in Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 29 06:50:19 PDT 2012

On Aug 29, 2012, at 4:34 AM, Julien Malik wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Le 29/08/2012 11:22, Noli Sicad a écrit :
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> Yes, I will do these things that you mentioned below.
>>
>> Meanwhile, I just test William's script with some addtion for the GDAL.
>>
>> Here is part of the logs.
>>
>> ########
>>
>> Nolis-MacBook-Pro:build nsicad$ cmake -D
>> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=MinSizeRel -D
>> CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="x86_64" -D CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.8"
>> -D CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT="/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk" -D
>> OTB_WRAP_QT=OFF -D OTB_WRAP_JAVA=OFF -D OTB_WRAP_PYTHON=OFF -D
>> BUILD_APPLICATIONS=ON -D OTB_USE_VISU_GUI=OFF -D
>> GDALCONFIG_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/bin/gdal-config
>> -D GDAL_CONFIG:FILEPATH=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/bin/gdal-config
>> -D GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR:STRING=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/include
>> -D GDAL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix//lib/libgdal.dylib
>> -D TIFF_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework -D
>> GEOTIFF_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework -D
>> JPEG_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework -D
>> USE_OPENMP=OFF -D CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR=/usr/local/lib/otb ..
>> -- Repository status :
>> --   Mercurial version is 2.3
>> --   Repository revision is 0bbc4e4c5374
>> --   No files modified locally
>> -- Importing GDAL...
>> -- Found GDAL: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/lib/libgdal.dylib
>> --   GDAL includes : /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/include
>> --   GDAL library  : /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/lib/libgdal.dylib
>> --   GDAL version is 1.9.1
>> --   Testing if GDAL has tiff    -- no
>> --   Testing if GDAL has geotiff -- no
>> --   Testing if GDAL has jpeg    -- no
>> --   Testing if GDAL has OGR     -- yes
>> -- Performing Test CHECK_GDALOPEN_SYMBOL
>> -- Performing Test CHECK_GDALOPEN_SYMBOL - Failed
>> CMake Warning at CMake/ImportGdal.cmake:210 (MESSAGE):
>>   CHECK_GDALOPEN_SYMBOL test failed : your platform exhibits a gdal/geotiff
>>   conflict.
>
> This is a test which fails on some linux distros (ubuntu/debian).
> I've never seen it fail on a Mac.
> And as William's framework is built with external geotiff, this should not fail.
>
> Might be a missing DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (the test actually runs an executable during configuration).

It may be the gdal-config path creating confusion.  There are actually 2 version of gdal-config in my framework.  The one you used that is in the unix/ folder is designed for old software that doesn't handle framework flags - it uses the standard -Lpath -llib form.  Maybe the test for the GDAL functions is seeing the Macports GDAL first, which causes a confusion of GDAL and tiff/geotiff libs.

The gdal-config in the Programs folder is what you want - it uses -framework linking, so you don't accidentally get a non-frameword GDAL.  Same goes for manually specifying the GDAL lib and include paths. So:

-D GDAL_CONFIG=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config
-D GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Headers
-D GDAL_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework

(cmake knows that a .framework for a library is a framework, and how to translate that for compilation)