[Qgis-developer] Sextante - OTB plugin and SAR data in Mac OS X

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:18:34 PDT 2012

Hi William and Julien,

This one does not work.

 -D GDAL_CONFIG=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config

See this log.

#####
Nolis-MacBook-Pro:build nsicad$ cmake -D
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=MinSizeRel -D
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="x86_64" -D CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.8"
-D CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT="/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk" -D
OTB_WRAP_QT=OFF -D OTB_WRAP_JAVA=OFF -D OTB_WRAP_PYTHON=OFF -D
BUILD_APPLICATIONS=ON -D OTB_USE_VISU_GUI=OFF -D
GDAL_CONFIG=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config -D
GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Headers -D
GDAL_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework -D
TIFF_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework -D
GEOTIFF_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework -D
JPEG_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework -D
USE_OPENMP=OFF -D CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR=/usr/local/lib/otb ..
-- Repository status :
--   Mercurial version is 2.3
--   Repository revision is 0bbc4e4c5374
--   No files modified locally
-- Importing GDAL...
--   GDAL includes : /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Headers
--   GDAL library  : /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework
CMake Error at CMake/ImportGdal.cmake:37 (MESSAGE):
  gdal-config not found or set to a wrong path.  Please check
  GDALCONFIG_EXECUTABLE
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:212 (INCLUDE)

##########

However, this one works with still no support.

-D GDALCONFIG_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config

See this logs.

######

[...]
--   GDAL version is 1.9.1
--   Testing if GDAL has tiff    -- no
--   Testing if GDAL has geotiff -- no
--   Testing if GDAL has jpeg    -- no
--   Testing if GDAL has OGR     -- yes
-- Importing LibLAS...
-- Could NOT find LIBLAS (missing:  LIBLAS_LIBRARY LIBLAS_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Using LibLAS internal version
-- Importing EXPAT...
-- Using EXPAT external version
-- Importing ITK...
--   Using ITK internal version
-- Importing Jpeg2000...
--   Enabling Jpeg2000 support
-- Importing FLTK...
--   Disabling FLTK support
-- Importing Curl...
-- Using CURL external version

####################

Anyway, I just make and make install.

I wonder how important is support for Tiff, GeoTiff, JPEG in GDAL affects OTB.

Yes, I managed to compile and install ITK, It takes hours to compile
and install it in Mac OS X.

Now, the Sextante OTB QGIS python plugin. It is not present in
Sextante, where can I download the QGIS python OTB plugin?

Julien, you have the address of the repository for this plugin?

There is no OTB instruction in Sextante Help that comes with Sextante
plugin. It is not written yet.

I am using Sextante 1.0.7.

Thanks.

Noli