[Qgis-developer] Sextante - OTB plugin and SAR data in Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 29 19:41:52 PDT 2012

On Aug 29, 2012, at 9:18 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:

> Hi William and Julien,
>
> This one does not work.
>
> -D GDAL_CONFIG=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config

I guess GDAL_CONFIG is the wrong option

> ##########
>
> However, this one works with still no support.
>
> -D GDALCONFIG_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config

and GDALCONFIG_EXECUTABLE is the correct one.

> See this logs.
>
> ######
>
> -- Importing GDAL...
> --   GDAL includes : /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Headers
> --   GDAL library  : /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework
> --   GDAL version is 1.9.1
> --   Testing if GDAL has tiff    -- no
> --   Testing if GDAL has geotiff -- no
> --   Testing if GDAL has jpeg    -- no
> --   Testing if GDAL has OGR     -- yes

> ####################
>
> Anyway, I just make and make install.
>
> I wonder how important is support for Tiff, GeoTiff, JPEG in GDAL affects OTB.

As Julien mentioned, this is just testing whether GDAL has TIFF/GeoTIFF/JPEG *libraries* built into it and exposed as libraries.  It does not mean GDAL does not support these formats.  I don't think you can build GDAL without these formats in the first place.

> Yes, I managed to compile and install ITK, It takes hours to compile
> and install it in Mac OS X.

No need to do that - OTB has an internal copy, see your cmake log:

> -- Importing ITK...
> --   Using ITK internal version

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.