[Qgis-developer] Sextante - OTB plugin and SAR data in Mac OS X

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Thu Aug 30 01:03:54 PDT 2012

Hi !

Le 30/08/2012 04:41, William Kyngesburye a écrit :
> On Aug 29, 2012, at 9:18 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:
>
>> Hi William and Julien,
>>
>> This one does not work.
>>
>> -D GDAL_CONFIG=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config
>>
> I guess GDAL_CONFIG is the wrong option
>
>> ##########
>>
>> However, this one works with still no support.
>>
>> -D GDALCONFIG_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal-config
>>
> and GDALCONFIG_EXECUTABLE is the correct one.

Please set both for the moment.

I don't remember why there are two variables for the same thing.
I'll try to clarify that in the next OTB release and keep only one
variable, and make FindGDAL.cmake recognize William's framework
automagically.
We are currently using the default FindGDAL provided by cmake.

>> Anyway, I just make and make install.
>>
>> I wonder how important is support for Tiff, GeoTiff, JPEG in GDAL affects OTB.
> As Julien mentioned, this is just testing whether GDAL has TIFF/GeoTIFF/JPEG *libraries* built into it and exposed as libraries.  It does not mean GDAL does not support these formats.  I don't think you can build GDAL without these formats in the first place.

OK, needs some clarification too, I agree the message is not clear enough.

> No need to do that - OTB has an internal copy, see your cmake log:
>> -- Importing ITK...
>> --   Using ITK internal version
Actually, OTB cannot build with external ITK version in its current state.

The only thing we really need as external library is GDAL, which you get from William's framework.
For the rest, default system libraries should be ok (expat, curl...), and internal version for the rest is ok too.

Julien