[Qgis-developer] New FAKE_LIB_GRASS_GIS fails to compile on Mac OS X

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:07:32 PST 2012

On Dec 10, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM, John C. Tull <jctull at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Dec 8, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The  output should be standard shared library. I have probably copy-pasted
>>> wrong (provider) block. I have no idea what is the difference on  OS X.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the problems, i dont have access to source code at this moment,
>>> could you try to change
>>> CMakeLists.txt to  build simple shared library.
>>>
>>> Radim

>>> Did anyone come up with a workaround for this? I am still getting the error
>>> on my build attempts for trunk:
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> I have a new pull request in for fixing this on Mac, but am not
>> entirely sure I did it correctly (or what the new FAKE_LIB_GRASS_GIS
>> does or how to test it):
>> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/349
>>
>> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/349.patch
>
> Thanks Larry,
> I have pushed that to the master. The library should make it possible
> to run GRASS modules without mapset and data data import. You can try
> to run a GRASS module in this mode  from GRASS Tools ( which is now
> always enabled), if no mapset is open. Most probably it will need more
> fixes on Mac and Win. It is work in progress, currently there are only
> few modules and you can find problems.
>
> I'll write more about in another thread soon.
>
> Radim

Hi Radim,

I just tested one of the available modules on a local DEM file, and here is there error message that appeared when I ran it:

 Cannot start module r.slope.aspect
command: /usr/local/Cellar/grass/6.4.2/grass-6.4.2/bin/r.slope.aspect --interface-description

ERROR: GISRC - variable not set

Note that I am running a version of grass installed locally, not from the application that William makes available.

Regards,
John