[Qgis-developer] symbology by attribute

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 11 01:57:00 PST 2012

 Hi Bernhard,

 Yes - this is definitely on our radar. We need this for our waste-water
 application. It is called "data defined symbology" and used to work with
 the old symbology.

 With the new symbology, data defined symbology is more complex to
 implement as we have symbol levels.

 I'll contact you privately about financing the thing.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:08:42 +0100, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
> Dear Devs,
>
> I am wondering if this question has been raised before... Has there
> been any thoughts about symbolizing by attribute (similar to the new
> labeller where I have the option to set color, transparency, scale
> etc. by attribute)?
> Background: I have a "map" drawn in CAD. All lines have colors and
> stroke-widths defined there, all cells (i.e. points) have one of some
> 100 cells attached to it. I created svg files from the cells and
> would
> like to set the svg to each point from an attribute, too.
>
> best wishes
>
> Bernhard
>

> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
> signature database 7786 (20121210) __________