[Qgis-developer] Compilation of Qgis 1.8 with gdal svn (Windows7_64bits)

image lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Tue Dec 11 15:44:52 PST 2012

Hello,

I need to use qgis 1.8 with the last gdal svn 1.10.0 on my Windows 7 64 bits
station.I know that i'm obliged to compile in a 1st time gdal svn & in a 2nd
time qgis targetting the gdal svn version. Up to now, i succeed in compiling
gdal svn thanks to "TortoiseSvn" & Visual Studio. Now, i 'm trying to
compile Qgis1.8 thanks to this following "help install_api" :
 http://www.qgis.org/api/INSTALL.html#toc13

I 'm following the 4th part of this webpage called "Building on windows". I
have chosen to use Visual C++ Express edition rather than MinGW. Up to now,
i installed :*Cmake/Flex/Bison/SVN/GIT/OSGeo4W. For information, i have not
installed  the "Microsoft Windows Server® 2003 R2 Platform SDK" (Core
SDK/Build environment(x86 32 bits).
Then, thanks to OSGeo4W(advanced_installation), i installed
:*expat/fcgi/gdal/grass/gsl-devel/iconv/pyqt4/qt4-devel/qwt5-devel-qt4/sip/spatialite/libspatialindex-devel/python-qscintilla.
For information, i chosen "Gdal_dev 1.8-Pre6"  even if i want the last
version of gdal dev called "1.10.0", unselectable via this OSGeo4W_setup.
Then, i pasted the file unistd.h from "GnuWin32\include" toward VC\include
directory of my Visual C++ installation.

Now, i'm at the step 4.1.3 called 'Setting up the Visual Studio project with
CMake'. I do not understand the instructions and how to create the batch
file.

1/ Do you think the method that I opted is adapted to my goal (use qgis with
the last version of gdal svn that i have already compiled) ? This method is
really the easiest and most viable?

2/Could you give me details in order i succeed  in creating the batch file.

3/How to ensure that  the building take into account the gdal svn that i
have already compiled?

In advance, thank you to throw light for me.
With kind regards.

IMAGE