[Qgis-developer] SAGA modules (version 2.1.0) through SEXTANTE on Mac OSX

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:16:14 PST 2012

Hi Olav,

2012/12/21 Olav Peeters <opeeters at gmail.com>

> A quick and dirty circumvention of the check is to change line 373 in
> ~/.qgis/python/plugins/**sextante/saga/SagaAlgorithm.py
> to:
> if "" in line:
> (restart Qgis)
>
> this way the modules do open since the check is basically disabled.
> The original code should also though. Maybe it's encoding related.
> When I execute a Saga module, this happens during saving the output:
>
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/myaccount/.qgis//**python/plugins/sextante/gui/**OutputSelectionPanel.py",
> line 95, in saveToFile
>     self.text.setText(str(**filename))
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xff' in
> position 2: ordinal not in range(128)

are you using the latest sextante version ? From your traceback it seem not.
line 95 [1] has been changed !

Unfortunately, that's an annoying error that affects several tools (much
less now) in sextante when non-ascii chars are used !

Regards,

-SL

[1] -
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/python/plugins/sextante/gui/OutputSelectionPanel.py#L95