[Qgis-developer] R sc ript failed to work in SEXTANTE plugin for QGIS

KAM Tin Seong tskam at smu.edu.sg
Sat Dec 22 22:02:02 PST 2012

I have R installed in C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.2\bin and created R_PATH in
Window environment setting.  I have tested the setting by calling R in DOS
prompt and it work properly.  It is the i386 version.  I also changed the
configuration of R folder in SEXTANTE to C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.15.2\bin\i386.  When I run the Raster Histogram module of R
within SEXTANTE the output was blank.  Below is the History and Info log of
SEXTANTE:

R execution console output

R version 2.14.1 (2011-12-22)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

options("repos"="http://cran.us.r-project.org")
tryCatch(find.package("rgdal"), error=function(e) install.packages("rgdal",
lib="C:/Users/tskam/.qgis//sextante/rlibs"))
trying URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.14/rgdal_0.7-25.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 11772617 bytes (11.2 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 11.2 Mb

package 'rgdal' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
        C:\Users\tskam\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpkzwp01\downloaded_packages
library("rgdal")
Error in library("rgdal") : there is no package called 'rgdal'
Execution halted

There are two things which seem not correct.  First the R installs in my
computer is version 2.15.2 and not version 2.14.1 and I have very sure I
have rgdal install because I have tested the same script using R GUI
directly.

It would be very much appreciated if someone can advise me how to solve this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

tskam