[Qgis-developer] qt problem with JPEG on Ubuntu 12.04

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 25 11:33:37 PST 2012

 Hi Marco,

 Thank you for your reply.

 I checked that this file is present - and yes - it also links against
 libjpeg.so.8.

 The webserver error log also has Xserver errors like:

 Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":999".

 but I am not sure this is the cause for the crash. I am using vnc
 server as a local X-Server. I also get thie Xlib error when the PNG
 version displays successfully.

 I guess I would have to build a debug version and see where it crashes.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 13:32:07 +0100, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> I'm using 12.04 as well and it works for me with qgis_mapserv.fcgi
> linked against libjpeg.so.8
>
> Could you check, if you have Qt's jpeg plugin installed
> (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so) ? It
> is contained in the package libqtgui4 and linked against libjpeg.so.8
> too.
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>
> On 25.12.2012 12:54, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded my server from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS. I
>> recompiled QGIS server with the new qt and JPEG libraries and the
>> compile and install went fine. However, since the upgrade, QGIS server
>> cannot read and write JPEG files anymore. QGIS server crashes whenever
>> the source (WMS) or the output involves a JPEG read or write. This is
>> regardless of the input raster source (could be TIFF or WMS). PNG and
>> PNG8bit output seems to work fine.
>>
>> I googled for qt and JPEG problems, but could not find much that
>> sounded similar to my problem.
>>
>> Using ldd I saw that qgis_mapserv.fcgi is linked against
>> libjpeg.so.8 - is this a problem? Should it be linked against
>> libjpeg.so.62?
>>
>> Thank you if you have any idea about my problem.
>>
>> Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)