[Qgis-developer] Composer redesign

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 06:45:58 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> One thing I don't like currently is the drawing of the basic shapes
> (rects, circles, triangles). In normal drawing applications one selects the
> shape first and then draws it. In Print Composer you always draw a circle
> first (even if you usually want a rect) and later change the shape to what
> you want. This is not very streamlined. I would prefer to have a drop-down
> button that allows to select the shape first (like the align and order
> buttons) and then start drawing.

Hey Andreas,

I have changed the add shape to now behave like this.  In the future it
might be best to create a whole toolbar just for drawing stuff but for now
this will do.

I did have some ideas about creating a way to have custom objects so that
you could create a title block from an image, a legend and a label, then
save it as its own object you can drop onto the canvas pre-built. However
that is a little out of my skills and time at the moment so I'll leave that
up to someone else to play with if they are game.

- Nathan