[Qgis-developer] Composer redesign

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Feb 5 10:23:16 EST 2012

Hi Nathan

> I have changed the add shape to now behave like this.  In the future it
> might be best to create a whole toolbar just for drawing stuff but for now
> this will do.

cool thanks! yeah - of course one can improve the drawing tools - but
the question is how far one should go. There are more powerful tools for
drawing complex elements, like Inkscape.

> I did have some ideas about creating a way to have custom objects so that
> you could create a title block from an image, a legend and a label, then
> save it as its own object you can drop onto the canvas pre-built. However
> that is a little out of my skills and time at the moment so I'll leave that
> up to someone else to play with if they are game.

Currently one can use the templates. This works fine for my purpose.

Thanks for the improvements. No issues so far - I will send a bug-report
if I come across problems.

Andreas