[Qgis-developer] Again a call for testing and translation.. aim for 1.7.4

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:50:07 EST 2012

Hi devs and translators!

This is just a short reminder (as I assume it is most important to
developers and translators) that my time plan for the next release in
the 1.7.x branch is as follows:

Aim is targeting at about 2-3 week - so having the translation
finished in about 2 weeks (18th Feb) would be fine for the release ..
so...

18th February 2012: Branching date for release-1_7_4 branch

I'll do the call for packaging on 18th February and hope to have
finished packages ready within 25th February ..
That would be also the release date of 1.7.4.

That should be the date of the release announcement..

25th February 2012: Release date for QGIS 1.7.4

There are still some bugs left - Alex and me are working and trying to
fix as much as possible - for some bugfixes we would definitely need
help from a developer - and for other bugs that are reported in redmine
there is still no bugfix present in master branch - so there is nothing
to backport.. :)

Please help us to make this release another great step forward in
stability and usability (well - I know there are already big
improvements in master branch but this release is still 1.7.x)

Thanks a lot to all of you working hard on reporting and fixing.
And a personal big thanks to Alexander Bruy who is doing a lot of work
in the release-1_7 branch.

I hope to get a lot of translation improvements and bugfixes ..

kind regards
Werner