[Qgis-developer] Windows Installation broken - and cannot uninstall

Ole Nielsen ole.moller.nielsen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:39:22 EST 2012

Hi QGis developers

We have just installed QGis on 4 Windows machines in our office to explore
its potential for sustainable capacity building in an international
government aid context.
We installed from the QGIS website the option OSGeo4W Installer because we
are also doing development.
However, when attempting to run QGIS we all get the same error:

*This application has failed to start because ippqj-5.3.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.*

However, we cannot re-install  without first un-installing and have not
been able to find a method for un-installing the faulty QGIS installation.

As an aside, we noticed that both QGIS 1.7.3 and QGIS 1.9.90 appear as
icons.

Can someone please help us

   - Uninstall QGIS
   - Let us know how to install a working version

This is important for the QGIS project because the lack of good
installation/uninstallation procedures fuel the perception that Open Source
projects aren't serious contenders to the traditional commercial products.

Many thanks for you help
Ole Nielsen