[Qgis-developer] Windows Installation broken - and cannot uninstall

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:51:00 EST 2012

Hi,

Use the standalone installer, is less risky to have something get wrong.
About the osgeo4w installer you must not install every package it makes
available, because you can get errors like the one you are seeing (probably
lack of some external library). Stop the services you may have installed (
Apache) and remove the osgeo4w folder, then I usually clean the registry
with ccleaner. Then re-install just what you need, qgis and/or qgis-device.